Saturday, October 4, 2014

Fish Lips

    About a month ago I took a trip back to British Columbia. I decided to travel by Greyhound for the first time in four years after a previous and equally bad experience. Every time I took the bus, there was some nut that caused trouble. This trip turned out to be no better. This trip had fish lips.

    To travel from Winnipeg to Vancouver by Greyhound took 37 very long hours with a stop in Calgary along the way. That's where Fish Lips got on. This middle aged man got on and sat down in 6 different seats before choosing the one beside me. He struck me as odd but didn't say anything so I thought it would be ok. About 5 hours later he decided to ask me about the book I was reading. We chatted for a little while but it was difficult. He was Mandarin and his english wasn't very good. I talked long enough to be polite and then decided to go to sleep. I shut off the light, closed my eyes, and let the highway put me to sleep. What I woke up to was quite a shock.

    I woke up to this man kissing me right on the mouth! This total stranger! Shocked, I yelled, “HEY!”. His reaction? He turned around and tried to pretend he was sleeping! The nerve! I yelled again and said “That is NOT ok”. Just then we pulled into Revelstoke and the moment the bus stopped I told the driver what happened. “Was he at least a good kisser?”, the driver asked trying to calm me down. It didn't work. He asked if I would like to call the police but I declined. I asked simply for them to move him to another seat so I could sleep and they did. Relieved, I put my feet up on the extra seat and went back to sleep. But it didn't last.

    Someone was trying to shimmy onto the extra seat beside me. I felt them moving my feet. I opened my eyes and it was the same guy! Fish lips! I yelled so loud that I woke everyone on the bus. Everyone stared as I yelled in this little man's face but he refused to move. I had to threaten calling the police before he did move and after that I didn't sleep another wink. I have since sworn off the Greyhound. I will not make the same mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment